Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve at our house



This morning started with some Entemann's raspberry danish, a Christmas tradition I adopted from my mom. We always have a tough time finding it right around Christmas, so it must be tradition for a lot of people! Chris searched for it at three places and finally found it and bought two, so we get to have it for TWO mornings! After breakfast Aaron got in a little time with the Polar Express and Chris went to Costco on an emergency trip to buy a new DVD player because ours just quit last night! HOW RUDE! How can we watch Rudolph for the 60th time or Polar Express tonight without a DVD player? I worked on this new winter blogwear (since I totally missed the opportunity to make Christmas blogwear, but isn't this ADORABLE?) while Chris put the new player in and Handy Aaron working on "fixing" the old one. We have some more cookies to make before Aaron's nap and then I am back into the wrapping room. If we had not had the snow days, today would be our first day off. I am SO happy to have had the extra time to get things done around the house without the usual frantic pace of Christmas preparations. I am kind of struggling with dinner ideas for tonight. I realized this week that I focused so much on cookies and Christmas dinner and let the rest of the dinners for the week get neglected. I will concoct something. I am really looking forward to Aaron putting out cookies for Santa this year, he is really understanding all the traditions much better this year. Last year, Aaron got REALLY upset that he didn't get to eat the cookies we were putting out, here is a picture from that meltdown last Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Christmas Eve and Morning with your husband and son. It doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete