Sunday, September 19, 2010

August 30

 

ohmygosh this is a BIG day!  We are going back to work and it’s Aaron’s first day of school!!

How cute is my little boy???

IMG_3451

…getting so big. I did great while we were dropping him off, and he was a little quiet, but perfectly happy.

Then, while Chris and I were driving to school, I thought of all the little ways life will change for us now that he is in a daycare near our house, 30 minutes away from where we work, instead of at Maliha’s house right down the street. We used to be able to pop over there and bring him to school to watch sports games, or stay up and hang out with friends, and he was with us for our weekly trips to Costco every Monday. He loves to get a berry smoothie. That single thought, that Chris and I would be going there alone, and that Aaron wouldn’t be in the cart to beg for a smoothie, or hand our receipt to the receipt checker and ask for a smiley face on the back, is what brought the tears. I am so excited for all the things he will learn, but sad to say goodbye to his babyhood.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Kim, you totally made ME cry this morning. I know you are sad for all the little reminders that Aaron is growing up. Keep in mind that there are going to be so many new and fun things that come along too! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete