Sunday, March 25, 2012

December 28

Today Kelly and Caleb and Cameron arrived for a Christmas visit. They were planning to come and meet their new niece and give the boys some Christmas time together, and I remember the day when we talked on the phone about them making the trip out. Once Mara died, I wasn’t sure if they would still want to come, because Kelly was over 6 months pregnant and all of this was so sad and stressful. I talked to Kelly about that after we got home from the hospital and told her that we hoped they would still want to come, especially so Cameron and Aaron could be together, but that if they decided to stay home we would understand and support that too. I was so glad to hear they were still planning to come. I love my sister, and I want to see her as much as I can. (Caleb is pretty awesome, too.)

Mom and Dad picked them up from the airport, and I think it was nighttime when they got back to our house. The plan for was to try letting Aaron and Cameron sleep together in Aaron’s room and for Kelly and Caleb to use Ashley’s basement suite. We weren’t sure if the boys would actually sleep. They did stay up talking and giggling the first two nights, but then they did just fine. I recall that Aaron was the major culprit. I seem to remember a story where Aaron woke Cameron up one morning by poking him in the back and then tried to tell that story in an innocent way. Here are the giggly cousins on an air mattress, loving being together.

001002003

By the time we went in the room in the morning, that mattress was doing some serious sagging. Chris bought a new one in time for their next night’s sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment