Monday, June 28, 2010

June 18

It’s graduation day! It is a very special thing to have these kids at ninth grade students and to still be in close touch with them throughout their high school years and then watch them talk that walk across the stage. I do not teach advanced students for the most part, and although some of them do go on to take advanced classes, some of them, on the other hand, struggle to finish high school and it has been the greatest achievement of their lives. Whatever end of the spectrum, I am just overflowing with pride on this very special day. It was also my last day of teaching with my team teacher of four years, Christina, featured in a few prior posts, because the program we teamed in has been dismantled. Between that and leaving my classroom of 10 years, this is a difficult end of school year for me. Last year I had the MOST challenging group of students I have EVER had and by June I had to do positive self talk (sometimes accompanied by rum) every single day just to get through it. I have really enjoyed my students this year and am sad to see many of them go.

Here is my special last day of teaming java chip frap from Christina…she loves to surprise Ashley and I with giant frosty morning beverages.

IMG_6599

And…a beautiful sight…the suspended flag at DAR Constitution Hall in DC where we have been having our graduations for the past few years.

IMG_6616

No comments:

Post a Comment