Wednesday, February 22, 2012

December 24-Christmas Eve

Today for some reason I got this motivation to refresh all the flowers we had received. I have never had so many flowers before. The arrangements we received were all so beautiful, I just loved looking at them. They seemed to be the perfect example of girly beauty to me and I felt comforted by them. And I did stare at them A LOT. So I puttered about as if it were something truly important, rinsing the vases, adding more food to fresh water, and pulling off wilted leaves.

We got this beautiful white arrangement from Sarah and Zack and Zack’s family. I loved the squat square glass vase they came in.

IMG_7127

We got this perfectly Christmassy bouquet from Kelly and Caleb and Cameron, and I heard a rumor that Caleb picked them out himself. :) We put them in a red vase and they were just the perfect addition to our Christmas table centerpiece. (How many times have I used the word perfect in this post so far?)

IMG_7128

This sweet basket was from Chris’ brothers Ray and Randy.

IMG_7130

These are two halves of a massive bouquet from an administrator at our school. He would have had no idea, but I appreciated the purple. I put half downstairs and the other half up in Mara’s room.

IMG_7131IMG_7168

This HUMONGOUS basket was from our department. It was stunning.

IMG_7133

IMG_7143

IMG_7151

This beautiful bouquet is from our school librarian. So purple and wonderful. I had these ones in our room.

IMG_7160

IMG_7161

IMG_7164

My Mom made Christmas Eve dinner. I am pretty sure Ashley helped her out, and I am completely certain I did not do one single thing to help. It was a great dinner. We wanted to keep it simple, back when life was normal and we planned it, and one of our friends from work brought us a Honeybaked Ham, so it all worked out.

Aaron was TOO CUTE sitting down all seriously and using his knife. Who is that big boy? When I sat down to a full dinner that I didn’t even help make, I kind of had a moment of awareness that Christmas stuff was going on and that it was okay to enjoy my dinner. And I did.

IMG_7169IMG_7171

After dinner we worked on some more Christmas cookies. Aaron, as always, did a great job with the sprinkles.

IMG_7174IMG_7176

He set cookies out for Santa just perfectly.

IMG_7178IMG_7181IMG_7183

My loving husband brought up the White Christmas DVD to our bedroom so I could watch it before bed, like I always do. I had started it earlier, but hadn’t thought about finishing because…I just wasn’t feeling it. But my hubby, he knows his wife. He turned it on and we snuggled up and it was the start of a very nice Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment