Thursday, August 23, 2012

January 10

Today my parents flew back home and Chris headed of to work, and I slowly got Aaron out of the house for school. He was so happy to be at school he could barely be bothered to kiss me goodbye. As Aaron and I were walking, I noticed that the trees in the Prince William Forest were gorgeously covered in snow and ice, so I decided that my walk would be along Dumfries Road. It was my first day alone.

 

028

034

I felt Mara in that walk. She was in the cold air blowing in my face, and the snow sprinkles blowing off of tree branches that sparkled me to blindness in the morning sun. I became aware that I felt close to her out in nature. Spending time outside quietly observing natural beauty would give me great comfort in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment