Monday, July 20, 2009

Potty Progress

Aaron playing in the Forest of Fun, Busch Gardens in July, taken by Grampy



After 2 weeks at the start of summer pushing and agonizing (Aaron and I both!), we decided to back off on the potty training. I got a lot of advice from mom friends who said, just wait! And yesterday and today, Aaron has been telling us when he has peed or pooped in his diaper! Not every pee, but every poop today has been reported! Not only that, he says, "I pooped" and walks right to the bathroom to get a clean diaper! It's really exciting. :) I was feeling a lot of potty pressure, self-inflicted, to get Aaron all neatly potty trained during the summer, like it was going to be that easy. Also, I have worry in the back of my mind that he will take "too long" or be traumatized. But already he is more ready than he was two weeks ago! Patience Mommy, patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment