Thursday, July 7, 2011

June 23

We have been meaning to get Aaron in for his first dental appointment for quite some time, but with everything going on and the appointments he is frequently subjected to, we just kind of let it slip. Well, I called today to get an appointment and was surprised to find that they had an opening the same day at 5! This is a brand new office 4 minutes from home, and after Aaron’s wonderful experience there, I can happily say I will be switching, because our dentist, who doesn’t do children, is 20 minutes away!

He was not at ALL pleased about the idea of going…and insisted that “I get my teeth cleaned just fine right here in our house in Virginia!” I assured him we would not be crossing state lines and explained that the dentist has a really cool toothbrush that does  a better job, so twice a year we need to go there and make sure our teeth are healthy.

The office was SO awesome, and they had super cool books on the tables that Aaron just loved, namely, the pirate and dinosaur books. (notice baby simba forgotten on the couch)

IMG_3374

But then when we got back to the chair, he got scared again. When Ashley saw this picture, she said, “Even his knees look scared!” (baby simba is always available for squeezes when you need him)

IMG_3377

But then, Aaron was told there was a TV above his seat and he could watch a show. What is the world coming to? Shouldn’t he have to suffer through his fears like generations of kids before him????

As you can see, he was comforted.

IMG_3379

Then they gave him some wacky glasses to wear, and he felt even better!

IMG_3383

And Chris got some shots with his phone of the cleaning, which went really well!

010013

After it was over, he got to go to the treasure chest and pick out a toy. I just got my teeth cleaned yesterday and he asked if I got to go to the treasure chest. He was really sad for me that I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment