Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 10

Today was Aaron’s one-month post surgery checkup with Dr. Lehman. It is hard to believe that tomorrow will be one month since his surgery. After a year of fear and uncertainty, it is just amazing how fast this has all been corrected and healed. We waited an hour and a half past our appointment time to see Dr. Lehman. It is his last day of clinic appointments at the old Walter Reed Hospital before they shut down and move to their new facilities at Bethesda, and he told us he had 50 patient appointments today. Aaron had a full set of x-rays of his back to make sure his spine is fusing correctly. Sometimes there is a tiny danger that with this surgery the spine fuses unevenly, and either pitches the spine forward or backward. Aaron doesn’t have any of that going on, and everything is fusing perfectly. It was adorable how excited he was to see Dr. Lehman. Aaron really thinks he is a pretty awesome smart guy, and so do we. After everything he accomplished on Aaron’s spine and how well everything went, we pretty much consider him a total stud.
I really wanted to have a picture of him and Aaron but was way too nervous to ask because I didn’t think Dr. Lehman’s personality was the gushing/can I have a picture/I have to scrap this sort. Chris has no such shyness and asked right out, and Dr. Lehman was pleased to do it. He told Aaron to come sit on his lap and Aaron jumped right up there and I’m glad I had the camera in front of me to hide my misty eyes. We will certainly treasure this picture.
We heart Dr. Lehman.
IMG_4384

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to get a photo of Mason and his neurosurgeon, but I've always been too shy too! I will this next time! More importantly, glad things have gone so well for Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome (the results as well as the picture) :)
    Glad all is going well. Kind makes all that agony you went through with Aaron's blood draws worth it huh? :)

    ReplyDelete