Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 12

And finally, the last step in this room redo, toy storage. I really wanted some pieces of the Trofast toy storage system from Ikea. I first saw this at Jen Graham’s house (she blogged about it here) and have loved it ever since. I’m a sucker for bins and shelves and all things storage. So I dragged my hubby to Ikea, a place he is most definitely allergic to, and showed him this system in all it’s glory. He thought it was perfectly functional and we came home with all the pieces a kid’s bedroom could hope for. Here’s what we got:

Tall unit on the left side of his desk/hutch with shelves and bins (we have had the desk and hutch for years, that isn’t new)…

IMG_4397

…and stairstep unit on the right side of his desk with the three different size bins you can get with the system.

IMG_4389

So here is the whole wall…

IMG_4398

Aaron and I spent a few hours deciding which of his toys would move up to his room and the amount of storage he has in here now is just amazing. There is a little green bin still empty and an empty shelf as you can see. Aaron loves having his nice Legos out on the tops where he can stand or kneel and play with them.

IMG_4403

It’s like a real kid’s room, where he can actually play. There is room for toys and open floor space to play with them. He was really excited to show Daddy what went into what bin. He likes to organize things. His system and my system rarely match, but he likes to have a system all the same. :)

So now, all of Aaron’s things are moved in to his room and it is really his!

3 comments:

  1. I have one of those IKEA storage systems too in my family room for day care. Some day when you come to visit me you can see it. ;) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great! I love that picture with Aaron peeking over his chair, Ikea should use that as an ad. I am looking at this stuff as possible solutions for my sewing closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! The room turned out AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete