Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 25

Did you know Vanna White is from North Myrtle Beach? That's my hook, you'll have to keep reading for more.
I didn't carry the camera around with me today because it was our last day, I have great beach pics and sometimes the freedom of not carrying the camera is pretty nice, know what I mean? But we did go out for ice cream after eating dinner in, and here's the spot...
photo(3)
Back to Vanna. Being the avid childhood fan of Wheel of Fortune that I was, I of course know that our vacation spot is Vanna's home town. (that, and it says home of Vanna White on the city sign as you drive in.) Is anyone surprised to learn that the hot blonde with a mega-watt smile is from a Carolina beach town? Every season WoF does a show where she comes home and shows off all her old haunts. One of them is the above pictured Painter's Ice Cream. They have a sundae named after her. Now best in the US is a little much, but we sure have tasted ice cream from more than our fair share of places around here trying to find a favorite, and it is surprisingly hard to find good ice cream here. Painter's is a hole in the wall with no inside, just picnic table seating, and it is always crowded. It is the best ice cream we have had here, but not as tasty as say a BR or Cold Stone. They are famous for their banana pudding flavor ice cream, which I haven't tried. I go with the banana split with butter pecan. After that tasty treat...it was back to packing. Damn hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment