Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 26

Well we are headed home. Aaron cried this morning as we were getting ready to go and said, "I don't WANT to leave this place. I want to go to the beach and the pool two times every day!" I couldn't agree more. Sigh.

 We tried a different place for breakfast this morning, as it is a bit of a tradition for us to go out for breakfast right before we head home. There are pancake houses lining the streets here, so there is plenty to choose from. We are always trying to find a favorite, just like with the ice cream. As I flipped through my monster coupon book, one ad caught my eye, the Golden Griddle Pancake House, "voted best breakfast on the beach!" Well I don't know who voted, but that endorsement and the 15% off coupon were all I needed. Now my hubby LOVES pancakes but they need to be a certain way, so I am always nervous that when we try a new place they will be the "bad" way, which means he doesn't like them to look fried and have crispy edges like our Cracker Barrel makes them.

The Golden Griddle did NOT disappoint. The food came out really fast, it was very hot and fresh, they gave us plenty of real butter that was softened and warm siri-up (as Aaron calls it). The sausage was delicious, the bacon was crispy and the pancakes were OUTSTANDING! (don't bother with the scrambled eggs...it's not called the Golden Griddle Egg House for a reason.) Great service, awesome pancakes, good prices, like all you can eat pancakes for 5.95, just a great little place. We have named it our favorite and will eat there every time we visit North Myrtle.

 photo(5)

So we are now headed home in front of the storm. It was dark and cloudy all morning, and started raining as soon as we got on the road. Don't think we will have awful weather driving home, and Chris likes to drive on a cloudy day, so we should make it by 5 this evening including our bathroom stops.

photo(4)

No comments:

Post a Comment