Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 20

Today I had a follow-up ultrasound. Chris had a doctor appt of his own, so he couldn’t join me. Our first ultrasound was a 19 weeks, just a bit early, so they weren’t quite able to make out all the chambers of Baby Sister’s heart yet. It has taken this long to get a follow-up because the old Fort Belvoir hospital where Aaron was born has closed, and a brand new AMAZING hospital has opened right up the road from it. I am REALLY excited to be delivering in that hospital. The old hospital was a little…rough. I set off the baby alarm by sitting in the corner of my room with Aaron in a rocking chair. The mother/baby rooms were shared, not private, and a mother with twins was my roommate for the first two days after Aaron was born. And worst of all, there weren’t bathrooms in the rooms, you had to walk down the hall and use a bathroom stall. Every mom knows how stressful those first few visits to the bathroom can be after you give birth, and to experience that with another person in the stall next to you is just mortifying. The new hospital has private rooms, each with it’s own bathroom. I was really excited to get another look at my baby girl today and also to sneak a peek at the new hospital!

You may also remember that we didn’t get to bring any pictures home from our first ultrasound. The reason we were given was that the woman ahead of us wanted so many pictures that they ran out of paper. WHAT??!?! Well, I got some today!

First up, a picture of our little dancer with her toes resting on her head. She was comPLETEly folded in half for the whole affair today. Pretty cool picture, right? scan0006

Next, just your classic profile shot of her sweet little face. scan0007

And finally, a picture of her holding up two fingers. She really did that! RIGHT before this was taken, she reached out her entire hand and I watched every finger extend. Wish I had that picture, and the one of her opening and closing her mouth to talk to me. She showed off all of her tricks! 

scan0011

And here are some phone pics of the hospital. Not much to see, I know, but maybe I can get some better ones when we take our 28 week class.

ultrasound waiting area…

001

cool open staircase to second level on Oaks Pavilion, the same wing of the hospital where delivery and mother/baby units are…

004

fancy public bathroom tile…

005

…come on. If you’ve ever seen the OLD Fort Belvoir hospital, then you know this is amazing. Can’t wait to see more.

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful and already sending peace to your family. :)

    I am disgusted with the thought of you having to walk down the hall to share a bathroom. OMG my oldest kid is 28 and I never, ever had to do that. I can't imagine. You will be in delivery/recovery heaven with Little Sister. :)

    ReplyDelete