Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 9

WHERE THE HECK HAVE I BEEN?? Well, school started, and I have been trying to stay AWAKE long enough to get anything done around here. Being on my feet at school all day is pretty tough and by the time we get home I just want to put my feet up for the rest of the night, but you know it doesn’t really work that way. I have NOT been taking very many pictures this month at all, so getting caught up on these posts may not take very long :(

BUT on September 9th, my seestar’s birthday, we didn’t have school because of flooding! We had a TON of rain, like day long soaking rains for the past three days, and then yesterday we got between 6-8 inches in 24 hours on top of already soaked ground. Our friend’s basement was flooded, the area where our students live had many evacuations, and our rec center was used as a red cross shelter for a week. That’s a lot of rain!

Here’s some couch lounging pics, we sure love our new couch, which is good, because it’s my and Chris’ birthday and Christmas gifts! We actually got a lot done on this day off…the kinds of chores and odds and ends that fill up a weekend. So it was pretty nice!

IMG_5332IMG_5330

No comments:

Post a Comment