Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Dinner: A Manly Meal

It is hard to make special dinners for my Hubby. Although he is the biggest fan of my cooking around, his favorite meals usually involve something on the grill, which is NOT part of my skill set. (one time I tried, and let's just say the hamburger patty did not even stay in one piece) My Hubby is the grillmaster round these parts, and he doesn't want to grill his own Father's Day dinner! So...I will be preparing the following for our family this year.
1. My (almost) world-famous oven baked ribs: a 24 hour adventure developed by piecing together different recipes found on the internet and getting pretty darn near perfect
2. My (and by "my" I mean Paula Deen's) SUPER deeeelicious crockpot Creamy Mac and Cheese http://recipes.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view/creamy_macaroni_and_cheese/
3. Corn on the Cob (which Chris can casually grill without sweating)
4. Greek Salad, authentic style, no lettuce, just the good stuff!
We will wrap up the evening with pudding parfaits. Pistachio for my hubby and chocolate for the normal people.
Can't wait to eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment