Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our Cranky Little Man






Aaron has been increasingly independent and demanding lately. He sure knows what he wants, like what song must be playing on the radio, or what he can't reach that he must have. He now says "I need..." before every demand/request. He is cranky a lot during the car ride home, which is not very fun, and some afternoons when he has not had a nap at Maliha's house, he is a downright little monster boy until bedtime. He is also doing a lot of this little whine/cry each time he is not immediately pleased with a situation. Tonight he flung his glass of water after brushing his teeth because he was super cranky. We even resorted to putting him to bed 30 minutes early! I'm sure every parent hopes this is a phase that passes...I know I do! Tonight after he got scolded and I told him he did not have very nice behavior, he said "I am a nice boy!" These are pictures from a recent time-out. He sits on the bottom step and this particular time he turned his back to me, he was so upset!

2 comments:

  1. He IS two, you know. It might help to put one of those countdown apps on your computer and/or I-Phone to count down 'till his 3rd birthday, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read "The Happiest Toddler on the Block"? I just checked it out at our local library hoping to find some advice for our blooming toddler and it has actually also helped with Ethan, who is almost four. Anyway, add that to your summer to do list, if you get the chance. :o)

    ReplyDelete