Monday, June 22, 2009

Our first true day of break and a Big Boy Bed!!


What a great way to get our summer started! This morning after waking up early to see off our visitors, my generous hubby stayed awake so I could go back to sleep, which I did, until 10! What a treat! Courtney and Aaron and I took a quick trip to the playground, I got a haircut, and Courtney and I crushed some chores. One thing checked off my summer list, the dining room is clean! Then it was Father's Day leftovers for dinner and a bittersweet milestone for Aaron. Last night was Aaron's last night in his crib, and tonight is his first night in his "big boy bed." All that really means is that one side of his crib was removed and replaced with a low rail. He has recently learned to open doorknobs, so a little non-turning gadget was installed also. We cranked up the old monitor to listen in. We were both sure, leading up to tonight, that Aaron would be scampering around his room until all hours. He is a fidgety little mite, and wants to be moving around all the time. Although it sounds like he did stay awake for about 30 minutes (singing the alphabet, quoting movie lines, and generally babbling) we did not hear anything that sounded like opening or closing of drawers, bonking of toys, or a voice that was far away from the monitor receiver. I am going to peek in now that he is asleep and see if there is any incriminating evidence. My little man is sure growing up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment