Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Begins!

Today I am enjoying our first day of Summer Break. Still in jammies, haven't accomplished anything, and it feels great! This Father's Day Weekend we are enjoying a visit from the Ohio Karayannis': George, Annie, John and Kate, along with their very polite Wheaton Terrier, Nikki. Monday will begin my second annual program of domestic goddessness. I have a lot things in mind to do with Aaron, but also a lot of home/school related projects to work on. I am going to list them here and then try to keep track of my progress. Our motto this summer is "Cut the Crap" and most of our summer goals are related to getting rid of STUFF and organizing what's left. I am a stuff-keeper FOR SURE. So starting Monday, in no particular order...
  • clean out living room and dining room
  • clean out Kim's desk




  • organize the non-John side of the basement (see below, yikes!)

  • Clean out Aaron's closet and send some more clothes to CA for my nephew!
  • Make a wedding album for team-teacher
  • Work on Courtney's baby book (um...I started it when she was 5, thinking, NO
    PROBLEM, I can TOTALLY get caught up!)
  • Start honeymoon scrapbook
  • Clean out kitchen cabinets
  • Clean the "neglected corner" of our bedroom, where there are piles of stuff
    with dust at least 4 years old.
  • Organize photos located in random places all over the house
  • Clean out the linen closet. We don't have to save EVERY TOWEL EVER
    purchased.
  • Do Aaron's hand and footprints
  • Fill our new collage frames for the upstairs hallway, really excited about
    this one!
  • Hang rope lights on the deck
  • Restain the deck (before the rope lights, I suppose)



  • General file management of school files. My digital school files are in
    chaos by June every year, and they need to be in tiptop shape by September!

Other plans we have for this summer include:


Visit from Mom and Day the first week of July
Rothe invasion at the end of July, their first visit since Aaron was 4 months old!!
Two weddings
Lots of Busch Gardens and Water Country day trips
Making the most of our Netflix
Tons of lake and playground time (fitness for parents disguised as fun for kids)
A trip to NY for Labor Day weekend

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a prety busy summer if you ask me. it will be interesting to see how many projects get started and/or done. I have faith. Did I catch a glimpse of the extra "east coast" power cord for my new notebook computer there on your desk??? Enjoy you weekend with the Ohio Karayanni and please say hello for Mom and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually your cord has been stowed in Tahiti room in preparation for your arrival. Wait until you see how I cleaned out that closet! That was a summer project I did before school was out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A clean closet, Oh Boy!! More room for my clothes!

    ReplyDelete