Monday, January 4, 2010

Blizzard of 2009

I did this layout today in a speed scrap because I needed a little scrap therapy. The instructions required between 5-12 photos and I like layouts that use a lot of photos, so I was excited to get some of my MANY snow pictures from “The Blizzard of 2009” on a page. We had a GREAT time with this snow. It started falling on Friday 12/18 while I was outblizzard 2009 begins! by myself finishing up my Christmas shopping at Kohl’s and Target. blizzard 2009 begins!2
When I went into Target, it was not really laying on the streets yet, although it was snowing heavily. By the time I came out, the parking lot was white and Target was closing early! The snow continued to fall all day Saturday 12/19 and we stayed warm inside watching it come down. The plows were not clearing our street at all! The top three pictures in my layout show the snow falling on Saturday, and the rest of the pictures are from Sunday 12/20, when the snow stopped and we went outside to play and shovel! Because of all the snow fun, I am sure there will be a few more layouts to come from our blizzard!

Journaling reads: This is the biggest snow I have ever experienced since moving to Virginia! We got 14 inches that started on Friday night, 12/18 as I hurried to finish up my Christmas shopping. It came down all through the night and the top three pictures show the snowfall on Saturday 12/19. Finally, on Saturday 12/20, the snow had stopped and we ventured outside to shovel and play. All day Sunday we checked our computers for the news we hoped was coming...SNOW DAYS! We got three days off of school, which extended our break to two whole wonderful weeks!

Blizzard of 2009 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment