Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18

**Warning-potty training talk in this post! If you don't want to read about pee and poop, come back tomorrow!!**
This is a picture of Aaron's new potty chart I printed today. I found it online and think it is such a great idea to have the spaces for stickers be like a path and then once you reach the end have some special treat. CLEARLY this is not enough spaces and now that I found this idea online I will modify using some cool Disney related digi-scrapbooking supplies and make ones that are perfectly suited to Aaron. Let me put that right on my list of things to do... So I have these Nemo and Monsters Inc. stickers I bought for Aaron but was saving them for something special, and what would be a more special use for sticker than to reward Aaron for being a big boy? He did a GREAT job today, and got all the stickers you see before naptime. He put on a pull-up when he got up this morning and did not go potty in it AT ALL, using the potty regularly until naptime, which is when it all kind of fell apart. The thing with Aaron is he can walk around perfectly happy in a wet or dirt diaper for hours and not say anything, which is a MAJOR sign of readiness he is not yet showing. He is really inconsistent...a couple days a week he will tell us every single thing he does in his diaper, and some days he won't mention anything at all, so we are just going to keep trying without pushing. So he peed in the potty so many times today, and then when I put him in a diaper for his nap, he didn't fall asleep, instead he called me to his room when he peed in his diaper and then again when he pooped in his diaper. That is progress, I think! Of course...he didn't take a nap...which is NOT ideal!!!
I am really happy that I did a lot of scrapping this weekend, still working on a wedding book I am making for my team-teacher and her hubby. I got 6 pages done in two days, which is kind of amazing for me, especially considering I also got 95% of the Christmas decorations packed up.

2 comments:

  1. If you scrap your own chart you can probably use it for the hybrid organization challenge at SM. My blog is coming along, but nowhere near as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training is such a chore...up and downs for every kid. I've done it four times and don't want to ever have to do it again! :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete