Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27


I got an A in my class...I'm so relieved. It kicked my butt. The class I just finished, Ancient Warfare, is my third class I have taken so far towards my master's. I can only manage one at a time, and the classes are all online. My first two classes, 500 levels, were Research Methods and Historiography. I had the same professor for both, and that individual was not at all involved in the weekly discussion board posts and during my second class I realized that my professor used literally the same word for word comments on assignments from class to class. I got 100 on every single assignment in both of those classes, and I knew that was not an accurate reflection of what I was doing, because I had not been in school for 8 years and had never done work of the rigor required in a graduate level history course. I needed help, feedback, and didn't get it, and knew it was only a matter of time until I had a class with a different, more involved professor and faced a majorly painful reality check. That kind of happened in this class, Ancient Warfare, my first 600 level. The workload was MUCH more intense than my first two classes and I had a really hard time keeping up with the weekly work while still working on large research projects. My current professor provided a great deal of feedback and was very interactive during the class, so I gained a great deal from this experience and am so glad I was successful. New class, Seminar in World History, begins Monday! 3 classes down, a lot to go!

1 comment: