Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 18

Chris and I went to the funeral of a former colleague of ours, Gene Wood, who retired a few years ago and died of colon cancer. He was my very first team teacher when I started teaching at the eager age of 21. He was a life-long teacher and had a incredible impact on many lives. I wish I had a picture with him in it to post today. I will need to get my hands on the department photo from several years ago that has all of us in it. It was in a frame at the service, which was very touching.
On the way home, it had started to dump freezing rain. We thought we may score a 2-hour delay out of it, but I woke this morning to hear that school was closed! This is our first “snow day” but it was really an ice day, I guess, of this school year. It was REEEEEEALLY treacherous outside. It has been melting away all day, but this morning it seemed like EVERYTHING was coated in 1/2 inch of ice.
Aaron went down to Ashley’s room and was “ironing” her red blanket. He said it was too bumpity. He “plugged it in” under her bag. :) What a cute little guy!
IMG_9252IMG_9254

Here we are playing a little Add-A-Bug in front of the fire on our day off. Aaron had really bad luck and have to keep giving up his bugs. He was frustrated.
IMG_9260IMG_9268

No comments:

Post a Comment