Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6

I would like to being this post by saying…it SURE is easier to keep this blog up to date when I don’t have to go to work.
So. Home again today with Aaron. Yesterday’s plan of me going up to school for the last block of the day did not work out at all. Aaron continued to vomit throughout the morning, not being able to hold down water or the 4 bites of applesauce, which were the only things he took in between 5:30 am and noon. I couldn’t take him up to school like that, so I scrambled on the phone to get coverage for my fourth block, thank you Scott and Hubby, and then MIRACULOUSLY got an appointment for 1:40 with a pediatrician we have seen before. The clinic was PACKED, tis the season for sickness. Aaron was so so miserable…he kept falling asleep, then waking up to vomit, then falling asleep again. He would say “I just have to take a rest” and then he would sleep for 40 minutes. He was so tired that he asked to lay down on the waiting room floor and sleep, which he did. Turns out he has strep throat, so the doctor gave us some Tylenol for his fever and some amoxicillin. Aaron continued to feel crummy throughout the evening, but he did eat about 1/2 cup of white rice. He slept pretty well last night, got up at 6:40 this morning, and has been playing quietly so far today. He is in much better spirits and has a bit of personality back, but he is still sad and clingy. He ate a decent breakfast, and is resting on the couch reading a toy magazine.
IMG_8576 scrubadub
I am grading. I am hoping to get all my grading finished up today so that I can give my students a “normal” Friday even though I have missed two days. I am sure Aaron will be well enough to go back to school tomorrow based on how much better he seems today.

No comments:

Post a Comment