Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3

Well, today was the end of a break in more ways than one! We went back to work after the Christmas holiday, and let’s just say…it wasn’t the smoothest day ever! Chris was moved from a trailer class to a brand new renovated classroom over the break with no time to unpack and get settled before class started today, and you can imagine how challenging it would be to teach effectively in such a situation. Not to mention many teachers had things taken to the wrong rooms, etc…and that was just a MESS! I am still feeling a bit sick as well. My back felt MUCH better today, but my cough was killing me the second half of the day and I didn’t have the ability to get water. (I am still in a trailer, you see, and will be until…the end of January or maybe Spring Break.) While I was walking from the car to my room this morning, my coffee mug spilled into my box of packets and projects belonging to my students. giant sigh. Chris and I USED to be adjoining, and now that he is back in the building, I have an empty room on side of me, so I used that to spread out all my student’s coffee soaked work. I was very fortunate to have such a spot!
Also, it was back to school for me personally as well. After an incredibly stress-free two months over the holidays, I have started a new grad school class today, HIS588, History of Religion. I am VERY much looking forward to this course content, it is just about my favorite thing to study in the world (besides Persia) and I logged in today to find that my campus (which is online) has adopted a whole new platform that seems MUCH more intuitive and user friendly. Check it out!
IMG_8540
We are tired…going back to school is always hard, and Chris had to stay up and watch the Rams game last night (which didn’t end well) and Aaron must still be on CA time because he didn’t fall asleep until 11:30! He just kept getting out of bed over and over…and was NOT sleepy!
Well, I have a busy evening ahead. Time to get our Costco rotisserie chicken heated for dinner, chop up a Greek salad, put my roomba to work and get some grading/grad school/scrapping time in!

No comments:

Post a Comment