Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 27

Spring Break Day 1

Aaron is feeling crummy again, thankfully no real fever, just LOTS of runny nose, sneezy, coughing kind of stuff. In the past day he has done a hundred times better at covering his sneezes and coughs. Here he is watching some Thomas on Sprout.

IMG_3294

And then he snuggled with Daddy…

IMG_3296

while I got started on my discussion board posts for the week.

IMG_3305

While we were eating lunch, a package came for Aaron, a birthday gift from Malinda, Rick and Mady. It was the fire chief that goes with his Lego/Duplo fire station and he was really excited!

IMG_3319

Then while I was looking out the window, I noticed Ashley left something behind while she was packing her car for her trip to Alabama…

IMG_3323

…poor little velcro roller.

It was in the 30s this morning when we got up, and a bit windy, not exactly what you picture for Spring Break. Aaron did not take a nap, so after 1 1/2 hours of listening to him babble and call for us while I was trying to do grad school reading, I gave up and we went to play outside. It had warmed up to about 50, still windy, not exactly pleasant, but I thought I could wear him out so he would go to bed early. That never works. We had A LOT of fun outside though! We made his little climber into a fort and had snacks and read books inside.

IMG_3329 IMG_3335 IMG_3341 IMG_3365 IMG_3369 IMG_3377 IMG_3380 IMG_3394 IMG_3400 IMG_3425 IMG_3426 IMG_3433 IMG_3444 IMG_3450

The other highlight of the day relates to potty training. We decided to go full out underwear during this week since we aren’t traveling, or really going anywhere out of the house for extended periods. He did a great job today, even filling up his buggie potty chart for a little surprise. He did not pee in his underwear all day, but he did poop in it twice. We are really proud of him for his progress so far.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. OK Kim, I've noticed the Bama sweatshirt before, but now you comment about Ashley coming TO Alabama. That's where I live ya know? So, you're gonna have to fill me in on this sometime, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I have a one track mind today ;) Congrats on the potty training achievements so far - that's FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, glad it's going so well. I love the photos of you and Aaron!

    ReplyDelete