Monday, March 29, 2010

March 28

Spring Break Day 2

Far fewer pictures for Sunday because the picture taker spent most of the day on grad school!! Here’s what I did catch…

I had to make a new potty chart today because Aaron finished one yesterday. He requested a Thomas potty chart, so I bought Connie Prince’s Chugga Chugga Choo Choo Kit at SM with my discount code from the Feb challenges and made this! I love being able to use a coupon!

train potty chart copy


Aaron and Daddy spent a lot of time together today because I was working on classwork

IMG_3454

signs of Spring…my hydrangeas are on the way back!

IMG_3461

Chris went out to rake leaves and Aaron “helped” by smacking the leaf piles with a stick. He is wearing my old jacket that my parents brought with them on their last visit. How cool is that? Aaron calls it Mommy’s jacket.

IMG_3466 IMG_3468 IMG_3471

Aaron DID take a nap today, thank goodness…after dinner, Aaron worked in his new tracing books from Auntie Kelly, Uncle Caleb and cousin Cameron. He did a great job! I like the one with the ants where he decided not to trace the lines, but to make his own between the lines.

IMG_3478 IMG_3482 IMG_3486 IMG_3491 IMG_3493 IMG_3507

Then, Aaron wanted to play with his new Playdough numbers set from “girl Cameron”

IMG_3512

while I made some rice pudding. I quite often get a hankering for rice pudding. In our house, the only true rice pudding recipe is Chris’ mom’s, but it has been misplaced somewhere in the house. The only true substitute is Kozy Shack (my hubby is REALLY serious about rice pudding…) but we didn’t have that either, so I thought I would look online. I found a basic recipe, thinking it would be better than no rice pudding at all, and I was right! It was delicious, and Aaron and Chris liked it too.

 IMG_3521

1 comment:

  1. You potty charts are so cute! But hopefully you won't need then too long!

    ReplyDelete