Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Scrappy Week

Hi! Miss us and our antics? Well I am ready to catch up! We had a great time in California, and are now in Myrtle Beach, and boy do I have some P365 photos for you! That is coming up, but first, I am going to start a weekly post on Friday, Saturday or Sunday of every week where I post all the pages I have scrapped that week. I think doing it this way will help me keep up, show off this hobby I love so dearly, and show off the great products I use to make them.

My scrapbook pages are always linked to my gallery at ScrapMatters for full credits, which I will not post here because it takes more time than I want to spend. However, if a page features a new release from a designer that I am on a creative team for, I will specifically mention those here and link up the product names (in blue) to their location in their stores so you can check them out if you are feeling inspired!

So…let’s get this scrappy party started! :)

I did A LOT this week because I felt like I really needed to catch up on scrapping from my California vacation, during which I scrapped only 3 or 4 pages in 3 weeks. Well last week I made 6 pages!

Graham Like the Cracker has some cool new templates out this week called Weave Me, Weave Me that are different types of paper weaving. What a handy thing to have templates, for, right? I love how weaving looks, but it is very time consuming to do! I made two pages with these new templates.

This one, I am particularly proud of and I just love. As you may have seen, I have slowly but surely been making my way through Aaron’s baby book, which will go up to his 1st birthday. So far, I think I am up to 12 weeks. Yikes. For this page I also used another new product, Band Geek Designs It’s Only Words v. 2 Templates. Liz makes these amazing photoless layouts, and her templates are great inspiration to get your stories down on your pages. I really need prompting to do journaling, so these templates are just what I need. She has v.1 in her store, too.

Birth Story copy

Here is my second layout with Jen’s (GLTC) Weave Me Templates, and also with her new Love That Girl kit. I almost didn’t download this kit, because I really struggle with using pink, and this kit is all things pink! But then I remembered I took this pictures on our river trip of the most gorgeous girl you could hope to see, my cousin’s daughter Mady.

beautiful Mady copy

I also made this page, a summary itinerary of our entire CA vacation, day by day, using the It’s Only Words v.2 Templates. I changed it a bit to fit what I wanted to do, but I really love how it turned out. It will be a great opening page to that album. It already got put in the Gallery Standouts at SM today! How COOL!!!!

CA Vacation Itinerary copy

Okay, next up are my two pages with the AWESOME teacheriffic new releases from Stolen Moments this week, A Time to Learn and Blackboard Alpha. She also put out a new set of templates this week based on the amazing layouts of my fellow CT member, Andrea, which I used to make this page. I kept crying while I was doing the journaling…but it captures exactly how I feel.

there you go...please don't go. copy

I also made this one with the new Stolen Moments releases, and the It’s Only Words v.2 Templates. This is a page I have been meaning to make for a year, but these products gave me the perfect inspiration.

what i've learned copy

and finally, my last page of the week (phew, this is a lot of scrapping, that’s one thing I LOVE about summer!!) is of Aaron in the Casey Jr. Train line at Disneyland, just flat out being a rascal. I made this page with this kit called He’s Electric from The Design Girl as part of my application to be on her creative team, and when I saw it, I thought of Aaron’s shirt and these funny pictures of him being mad.

im just mad! copy

That’s it for last week…stay tuned for photo updates! (after I make a couple more posts in my grad school class!)

No comments:

Post a Comment