Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 13

NOT my best day!!!!!!!!!! While I was walking to lunch, my shoe leather ripped! AW MAAAAAAN!!!! I LOVE this mocs from Land’s End…(I have them in 3 colors) they are a staple of my work wardrobe. I am all about shoe comfort! So, since that was only at 10:30 (yes, that is the time of my lunch break) I had to walk around in one gappy shoe for the rest of the day!

IMG_4537

But that was NOTHING, (NOTHING I say!!!) compared to the tragedy that was to befall me later this evening. MY IPHONE DIED. like…not the battery. the phone. I used it all day, just fine, I have never had any problems with it. It is my friend. I synced it up in the evening before I went to the grocery store, then used it at the store (GroceryIQ app, of course) and then when I brought it home and plugged it back into my computer, NOTHING. Well, that is not entirely accurate, there was something. It was an occassionally flashing Apple logo, AND iTunes wouldn’t recognize it at all. After some quick internet searching, I saw that there are lots of discussion boards on the Apple site and elsewhere describing the same problem, so I learned how to get my computer to recognize it, and then it prompted me to do the dreaded restore. I was about 1 hour in at this point, and I knew, although unpleasant, that it was the only way. Alas, my phone was so far gone that it wouldn’t even successfully restore! To make matters even MORE stressful, the Apple website was saying my extended warranty (which my phone is only halfway through) was not valid. Finally, I got an error code that the Apple site said was a hardware issue. After all of these different layers of complications, I determined that going into an Apple store and seeing a “genius” was my only option. GREAT. The closest one to our house is…not close at all. But it is kinda by work, so I made an appointment and will have to wait and see what happens. Taking hubby along so he can be the brawn of the operation.

IMG_4533

This is what my phone looked like when I finally got my computer to recognize it…it was a fleeting moment of hope. That moment passed. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Kim???? Tragedy with the shoe and then your phone - talk about a crummy day!! I hope you quickly went to bed before anything else went wrong :) That's what I usually do when things start falling apart! Here's hoping for better days the rest of the week and good luck getting your phone fixed!

    ReplyDelete